THis means that i have to use the htmlparser again on the converted document. Is that
right? Also is there a way to use these without utilizing the filesystem, by way of
streams or so.
 Michael Wechner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:Pinky Iyer wrote:

>Hi !
> I am trying to use xpdf for pdf parser, the problem i encounter is when i encounter
> a file with .pdf extension, i call the pdftotext script to convert to text, which in
> turn uses the file system and leaves the same file with .txt extension in same dir.
> How can i get this as a stream and not use the file system at all. Also How do i
> access the summary and title info.

xpdf has an option to turn the PDF into an HTML instead of txt, which
allows you to use an HTMLParser
for populating the fields.

Concerning the extension: when you create your Lucene document, you
could replace the txt extension
by the pdf extension in the case of the "uri" field.

HTH

Michael