> Treating them as two separate words when quoted is indicative of your
> analyzer not being sufficient for your domain.  What Analyzer are you
> using?  Do you have knowledge of what it is tokenizing text into?

I have created a custom analyzer (CobolAnalyzer) which contains some custom
stop words for the language, but it's using the StandardTokenizer and
StandardFilters. I'll have a look and see if I can see what it's actually
tokenizing the text into...

> Any ideas, or am I going to have to try and write my own query parser?

Well, if I manage to get something working, I'll let you know :-)

Thanks,
Iain