Hi all,
I have a question about updating the lucene document. I know that there is no
API to do that now. So this is what I am doing in order to update the document
with the field "title".

1) Get the document from lucene index
2) Remove a field called "title" and add the same field with a modified value
3) Remove the docment (based on one of our field) using Reader and then close
the Reader.
4) Add the document that is obtained in 1 and modified in 2.

I am not sure if this is the right way of doing it but I am having problems
searching for that document after updating it. The problem is only with the un
stored fields.

For example, I search as "description:boy" where description is a unstored,
indexed, tokenized field in the document. I find 1 document. Now I update the
document the document's title as descripbed above and repeat the same search
field "description" at all. I just updated the field title.

Is this an expected behaviour? If not, is it a bug.

If I change the field description as stored, indexed and tokenized, the search
works fine before and after updating.

Praveen
Praveen Peddi
Sr Software Engg, Context Media, Inc.
email:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Tel:  401.854.3475
Fax:  401.861.3596
web: http://www.contextmedia.com
Context Media- "The Leader in Enterprise Content Integration"