You unstored fields were not stored in the index, only their terms
were stored.  When you get the document from the index and modify it,
those terms are lost when you add the document again.

You can either simply create a new document and populate all the
fields and add that document to the index, or you can add the unstored
fields to the document retrieved in step 1.