It seems to me that we often make the mistake of judging activities in other
cultures as though they were taking place in out own.
    Remember, Elizabethan England was a police state - I think I would have
spent most of my time saying things like, "yes, Boss." A little toadying can
certainly be forgiven.

Joseph mayes