In einer eMail vom 18.12.2005 12:27:06 Westeurop=E4ische Normalzeit schreibt
[EMAIL PROTECTED]:

> Modern or period matters less than quality of musicianship. The
> Concertgebouw play to a very high standard.
>
> Rob

But modern or period still does matter, I enjoy listening to Bruckner, Mahler
etc. But I don't want to hear it played on a clavichord !
An inaudible lute showing it's extended pegbox is just not good enough for
me, I expect a so high a level of musicianship that the musicians are
interested
in the music that they are playing. Not just doing their job.
There are enough good "authentic" orchestras out there that modern
performances of baroque music are a bit pointless.

Mark