On Apr 17, 2008, at 8:51 AM, <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>  Fact-checking takes time, and editors must be paid, so accurate
> reporting is
> time- and labor-intensive. Today's blogosphere, which rewards
> unschooled
> right-wing loudmouths who spew half-truths and worse, has no
> interest in
> that.

As opposed to the highly respectable national and international
media, all of which reward "news" whether it be from right- or left-
wing loudmouths well-schooled enough in how to sell it.

>  In short, you get what you pay for.

You mean the public buys what the media sell.  I think there's a
fundamental difference between telling the news, and selling it.

> Online articles are sometimes by non-
> experts

So are many newspaper articles.

> and are not edited, but they're free. Everyone wants things free
> nowadays but complains when it does not meet their standards of
> accuracy.

Absolutely!  And rightly so.  Just because it's free doesn't mean
that I can't complain about the spread of misinformation.

DR
[EMAIL PROTECTED]