From: lute-...@cs.dartmouth.edu [mailto:lute-...@cs.dartmouth.edu] On Behalf
Of alexander
Sent: Wednesday, February 17, 2010 2:32 PM
To: Christopher Stetson
Cc: Lute List
Subject: [LUTE] Re: New frets

A good needle-nose pliers, or locking surgical forceps (hemostat), to roll
the tightening end on, instead of trying to pull it by fingers. Tremendous
force can be applied this way (carefully, hopefully). After tightening
squeeze the fret firmly with fingers, to keep it tight, while finishing the
knot. Drying the fret material beforehand helps as well (hair drier or
such). alexander r.