On 2/17/10 5:32 PM, "alexander" <voka...@verizon.net> wrote:

> A good needle-nose pliers, or locking surgical forceps (hemostat), to roll the
> tightening end on, instead of trying to pull it by fingers. Tremendous force
> can be applied this way (carefully, hopefully).

Enough force, in fact, that I have occasionally left grooves on the neck
where the knot of the over-tightened fret dug into the wood when I slid the
fret into place!  Fortunately, it's on the back side along with the shims
for loose frets and dots for f and h;  only I will ever know (until now).

Leonard