From: lute-...@cs.dartmouth.edu [mailto:lute-...@cs.dartmouth.edu] On
Behalf Of Stuart Walsh
Sent: Wednesday, May 12, 2010 8:31 AM
To: simon.lamb...@stfc.ac.uk
Cc: lute@cs.dartmouth.edu
Subject: [LUTE] Re: The Worshipful Company of Left-Handed Lute Players

simon.lamb...@stfc.ac.uk wrote:
Sent to the list on behalf of Chris Goodwin, the Secretary of the
(UK-based) Lute Society:

Dear all

THE WORSHIPFUL COMPANY OF LEFT-HANDED LUTE PLAYERS

At the recent Annual General Meeting of the Lute Society the view was
expressed that not enough is done for left-handed players, especially
beginners or prospective players; perhaps The Lute Society should even
acquire a left-handed hire lute.

A good first step would be to establish a list, network, or database of
left-handed players.

Would any left-handed players care to contact the Lute Society
Secretary, lute...@aol.com, for their names to go on a contact list?

I suppose people like me, who are left-handed, but play right-handedly,
would not be possible members of the worshipful company?
(and it serves us right for betraying our essential sinistrality)

Stuart
best wishes
Chris Goodwin