On 02/02/2011 22:39, A. J. Ness wrote:
Most academic and public research liobraries will have machines that will
take a microfilm and turn it into a *.PDF file, which one can sometimes send to you home computer. Or you can load it onto a disc or USB whatever. The
service ios usually free unless you need to print it out.

What kind of scanner do you have for microfilms, David?  Brand name?
Approximate cost?  Last time I checked they went for $7,000.

Arthur

I use an ancient, bottom-of-the-market, PrimeFilm 1800u negative/transparency scanner. It's hopeless/useless for photographic transparencies (and who uses them today?) but fine for microfilm. An example:

http://www.pluckedturkeys.co.uk/Pesori/

The very cheapest film scanners( like this PrimeFilm ) - but a higher spec - cost about £60.

Stuart

----- Original Message ----- From: "David van Ooijen" <davidvanooi...@gmail.com>