Dear Gabor,
dar all,

thank you very much for many most interesting answers!

Let me just ask two more question:
1. Does somebody happen to be aware of a recording of an instrument, such as
Gabors (bigger theorbo with double choruses)?
2. Do you think, Kapsberger, Piccinini or Castaldi used really huge instruments
for their solos – but also for all the demanding passages and cadences, which I
suppose to be part of their continuo play?

I am asking this, because I just had a closer look on this famous print of
Castaldi (Capricci a due stromenti). The instrument being shown there has six
stopped choruses. It seems to be a smaller one and may be what he calls a
theorbino or even an arciliuto, but amazingly it’s stringle-stringed, which
confuses me a bit.

Jörg