> I don't have an OED 3 or Partridge handy

OED has been deat with and gives a contemporary quote. Partridge does
not, he gives 'come' as 'To experience the sexual spasm': low coll:
C.19-20. Considered coarse, but it was orig. a euphemism and, in C.20,
how, if the fact is to be expressed non-euphemistically, could one
express it otherwise with such terse simplicity?

As you can see, the book advertises itself; sheer delight! Partridge
also wrote a book on interpunction, aptly entitled: 'You have a point
there', a pure pleasure to read. Order it as well.

More to the point. In Dowland, shouldn't we look to Italian examples
like Ancor che col partire?

David