I think that much of Dick Hoban's "Masters of Polyphony" series can be played on a 5-course lute, but check with him to be sure.

-----Original Message----- From: David R
Sent: Wednesday, June 29, 2011 2:28 PM
To: lute@cs.dartmouth.edu
Subject: [LUTE] Medieval Lute

Hi luters,

I'm thinking of getting into a type of lute music I've never played
before, namely medieval lute.  Problem is, I don't know where to find
the music.  Are there sources specifically for medieval lute, or does
one simply have to "just know" what music to play based on knowledge
of medieval music in general?  I guess I'm wanting to know what the
various genres are, and where to find sources.  Can any of you kind
folks help me out on this?  Feel free to inundate me with info if you
want to!

Thanks,

David Rastall