On Fri, 22 Jul 2011, Sean Smith wrote:

> I think I know how she solved her problem of colliding strings.

I'm glad I did not mention her name, but I have good reasons to believe
you are wrong.

Peter.

> On Jul 22, 2011, at 1:31 PM, Peter Nightingale wrote:
>
> Van Lennep may have also struck a compromise based on the size of the
> hands of lutenist for whom he made the instrument originally, and who sold
> it to me when she had had enough of luting.
>
> Peter.

the next auto-quote is:
Every great advance in natural knowledge has involved the absolute
rejection of authority.
(Thomas Huxley)
/\/\
Peter Nightingale                  Telephone (401) 874-5882
Department of Physics, East Hall   Fax (401) 874-2380
University of Rhode Island         Kingston, RI 02881