On Mar 28, 2012, at 9:53 AM, Nancy Carlin wrote:

>   I was at the lute seminar (produced by Donna Curry) that Susanne and
>   Diana attended.  They played a lovely duet concert.  I remember seeing
>   them having a good time talking with each other, but

> Susanne was a great talker.

> I also remember that listening to her required you to
>   re-adjust your head because the ideas went by a bit faster than what
>   you heard from other people.
>   Nancy

Yes, Nancy- that was our Susanne! In the 70's she would sometimes hold court in
her upper west-side apartment (My God what a wonderful "estate" to have in New
York CIty! A huge, floor through apartment) Little lute soirees in her living
room. Often visiting lute stars would come by. One evening Donna Curry came by,
brought a large dish of Polenta. One evening she played her little Octave
Spinettina. If you think her speech was fast, you should have heard her on that
thing. Conlon Nancarrow on methedrine & four espressos.

Dan