From: "Arthur Ness" <arthurjn...@verizon.net>
To: "howard posner" <howardpos...@ca.rr.com>
Sent: Sunday, October 13, 2013 4:56 PM
Subject: Re: [LUTE] Re: Vivaldi

Hello Howard,

I was relying on Robbin Landon, as quoted in the entry for RV 558 (G
major), cited here at the red band:

http://imslp.org/wiki/Concerto_for_2_Mandolins_in_G_major,_RV_532_(Vivaldi,_Antonio)

But I checked the cited page 72 in Robbins Landon, and he does not give
the key, just the instrumentation in modern Italian.  He was probably
referring to the C major concerto (con molto strumenti) and the ISMLP
editor cited the wrong concerto.  I never heard it called the Noah
Concerto, but that's a good name for it.  All of the instrument are solo.

In any event, Malipiero cannot be trusted.  And I suspected some editorial
mischief as in the lute concertos.  Malipiero had a private library in
northern Italy.

----- Original Message ----- From: "howard posner" <howardpos...@ca.rr.com>