Well, we don't have any good microphone there and there's no budget to
buy any (working on donations) if it was for my personal use, I would
buy a nice condenser.

I'm not really sure what was the problem with the guitar last time, we
have really old gear there, it worked before the concert, and stopped,
haven't check it since...

On Tue, Jan 27, 2015 at 11:22 PM, Tobiah <t...@tobiah.org> wrote:
> On 01/27/2015 01:06 PM, Omer Katzir wrote:
>>
>> Not permanently, just for one night. Which option do you think will
>> be the best? Using a mic didn't worked out with my guitar (performing
>> in the same place, same setting, only with lute this time)
>

> I predict that the pickup that you linked to is going to sound
> 'tinny', emphasizing the midrange and sounding something like
> playing over the telephone.
>
> What was it about the microphone that didn't work out for you
> in the past?  Was it feedback problems?  You will want to use
> a decent cardioid condenser rather close to the instrument.
> I can't imagine an omni or dynamic mic doing the job, but a
> good condenser is the best I've found for classical guitar
> where natural sound is the goal.
>
> If feedback is the problem you could try mixing the mic with a
> contact pickup for some of the best of both worlds.
>
> Tobiah
>

>> I have an option to buy those pickups with a clip, but I'm not sure
>> they'll work. (link attached)
>>
>> Ideas are recommendations are welcome.
>>

>> http://www.music-center.co.il/p/1125/%D7%A4%D7%99%D7%A7-%D7%90%D7%A4-%D7%9C%D7%A7%D7%9C%D7%90%D7%A1%D7%99%D7%AA-power-beat-pu-35

Omer Katzir