I've been lurking on this list for a while.. time to contribute!
   Soundboard transducer type pickups could be an option, i.e. Fishman:
   [1]http://www.fishman.com/products/filter/type:pickups
   The link you gave would seem to be a simple type of soundboard pickup
   or contact microphone (I'm not certain).
   As Tobiah said, the drawback with this type of system is that the
   amplified tone quality might not seem "natural", but it could work in a
   pinch. Note that pickups that attach to the soundboard will also be
   sensitive to knocks and other movements.
   A little OT and probably overkill for a single performance, but I've
   often wondered if the DPA miniature omnidirectional lavalier
   microphones would work well for lute sound reinforcement:
   [2]http://www.dpamicrophones.com/en/products.aspx?c=Item&category8&item
   $039
   Some kind of custom amount would probably be necessary for mic'ing a
   lute in this way, as attaching a lavaliere type microphone directly to
   the soundboard would over-emphasize the low end/bass response. But as
   long as mechanical transmission of sound/vibration was accounted for, a
   close mounted, high quality omnidirectional mic such as this should
   give good sound quality.
   [Note that miniature/lavaliere microphones are usually designed to pick
   up speech, sometimes while mounted under clothing, so they tend to have
   artificially boosted high end - not ideal for instrumental pickup.]