Nigel North, in his liner notes, posits that Weiss's "L'Infidele"
   sonata was composed with the Ottoman siege of Vienna in mind. He claims
   that the augmented intervals in the musette and minuet are references
   to Arabic music. I'm not sure I buy that aurally. However, Weiss was
   certainly employed by the Sobieski house in Rome and it was Jan
   Sobieski who had previously lead the army that broke the Ottoman siege.
   And by pure coincidence (???), the lead advertising agency that does
   promotion for the Sobieski vodka company today is called Marty Weiss
   and Friends. Don't ask me how I know that.
   Chris
   [1]Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone

     At Apr 10, 2015, 8:21:34 AM, Bruno