I wonder what is left of the original idea of playing instruments, built as
the original ones were built, with historically informed technique. Single
strung archlutes, foldable theorbos, short theorbos strung with wound
strings, instruments with different vibrating lengths always tuned to 440
even stretching the physical limits of the instrument itself, synthetic
strings not even close to gut and even fishing lines, amplifiers, mechanical
pegs, pop music played on the lute... Oh well... :-(

Francesco