I am surprised, to say the least, by these answers. Are we talking about
retuning to just about manage to read through some pieces to get any idea of
what they sound like or for serious playing?
Aren't we totally forgetting the historic recommendation to tune the top-course
(in gut) as high as it will go without breaking?
Best,
Matthew