John,

Absolutely, but with the usual caveats that you never know how long the used
equipment will last, who owned it before you, and how much hidden baggage comes
along with the machine.  As a person who has always kept too many machines
around, I’ve recently started eliminating as much electronic clutter from my
life as possible, so I can see merits in both approaches.  I guess it all
depends on where your tolerance for inconvenience lies, as neither solution
comes without cost.

Take care,

Ron Banks

On 9/29/17, 12:36 PM, "John Mardinly" <lute-...@cs.dartmouth.edu on behalf of