I should add that that the correct spelling of his name is Ophee.

   His publishing company is named Editions Orphee, resulting in eternal
   confusion

   He hated that!

   RIP
   Sent from my iPhone

   On Nov 9, 2017, at 9:57 AM, [1]terli...@aol.com wrote:

   Hi All,
   I have not seen this posted here:
   Guitarist, publisher, editor, scholar Matanya Orphee passed away on
   November 6th at 6:00 p.m.
   Matanya was an extraordinary man: incredibly productive, controversial,
   combative and generous.
   He made some great contributions to the guitar literature not least of
   which is advocating and publishing and even commissioning works for
   Russian 7 string guitar.
   He also published some lute editions.
   I am grateful to him as the publisher of 5 of my works.
   I believe Matanya had the rare distinction of being kicked off this
   list.
   [2]http://www.guitarandluteissues.com/
   Best,
   Mark Delpriora