Thanks Martyn,
   the problem that arised was to find strings long enough at this
   thinness. But a few string makers that I ´ve contacted can supply them
   in 1,5, 2,4 or 3 meters even though it ´s not part of their
   "regular" catalogue. But yes- I also believe that the Puget painting
   shows that double stringed diapasons on longer necked lutes did exist-
   he ´s so detailed
   in his work that we can see the different colours of the long strings.
   The first 7 courses are all in unison, and beginning wit the first long
   course (the 8th), the bass courses all have different colored strings.
   Best,
   Magnus

   On Tue, Dec 12, 2017 at 12:25 PM, Martyn Hodgson