Good questions, Rainer! I am responding IN CAPS below. -ANNE

On Wed, 14 Feb 2018 13:34:25 +0100, Rainer  wrote:

On 10.02.2018 20:20, l...@reasonablefax.com wrote:

>> A project is underway to provide LSA members with access to digital images
>> of all the items in the current LSA microfilm/photocopy library.

Does that mean that somebody is going to scan the films and/or paper copies?

YES. WHATEVER WE CANNOT FIND ONLINE. HOPING FOR VOLUNTEER HELP ON THAT, TOO,
WHEN WE GET TO THAT POINT.

> For a start, we are going to see how many links to images are already
> available online. I am looking for individuals to help search for those links.

Has anybody already checked the well known link pages?

THERE'S MORE ABOUT THIS IN MY INSTRUCTIONS PAGES FOR VOLUNTEERS, BUT I WENT
THROUGH A FEW OF THE PAGES YOU HAVE LISTED (X MARKS WHICH). I  DID SOME
GOOGLING AS WELL, AND FROM THERE, DIPPED INTO SOME OF THE OTHER SITES. MY OWN
SEARCHES WERE NOT MEANT TO BE COMPREHENSIVE: I WANTED TO GET A SENSE OF WHAT
VOLUNTEERS MIGHT ENCOUNTER. I WILL ADD A COUPLE OF THESE "MISSING"  LINKS TO MY
INSTRUCTIONS--I'M HAPPY TO HAVE THEM, RAINER!

X http://lutesocietyofamerica.wildapricot.org/Tab-Facsimiles (dead)

https://kakitoshilute.blogspot.de/2012/06/facsimiles-list-preliminary.html

http://imslp.org/

https://repository.royalholloway.ac.uk/access/home.do

http://cudl.lib.cam.ac.uk/collections/music/1

http://www.jobringmann.de/facsimile-links

X http://www.lute.ru/library_eng/manuscripts.htm

ALSO http://www.gerbode.net/facsimiles/

> I will send each volunteer a batch of titles to search. Titles are arranged
> alphabetically by composer, so your batch may not necessarily reflect your
> personal area of expertise. But for this first pass, just basic searching is
> requested.

How do you arrange manuscripts by composer?

IT WOULD HAVE BEEN MORE ACCURATE FOR ME TO HAVE SAID "COMPOSER FIELD," AS IT
DEPENDS UPON HOW THE FILM WAS ORIGINALLY CATALOGUED. THIS FIELD MAY CONTAIN A
PUBLISHER'S NAME, PREVIOUS OWNER'S NAME WHICH HAS BEEN ASSOCIATED WITH THE
ITEM, OR LIBRARY LOCATION RATHER THAN A COMPOSER FEATURING PREDOMINATELY IN THE
FILM. YOU CAN GET A SENSE OF THIS FROM LOOKING AT THE OLD CATALOG HERE:

http://www.cs.dartmouth.edu/~lsa/publications/LSAMFCAT.RTF

PLEASE NOTE: THE OLD CATALOG IS NOT MEANT TO BE USED BY THE VOLUNTEERS WORKING
ON THE CURRENT PROJECT. I AM GIVING OUT SPECIFIC ASSIGNMENTS TO EACH PERSON
(AND THANK YOU TO THOSE WHO HAVE ALREADY OFFERED TO DO SOME SEARCHING), SO THAT
WE ARE NOT DUPLICATING OR EFFORTS.

> If you are interested in helping, please e-mail me privately and I will send
> you an assignment. I am grateful for your help!

See my questions above.

Best wishes,

Rainer