Dear all,
   As one can see, none of the dance pieces are written with two different
   types of ink.
   I initially thought that they indicate a different tuned instrument, as
   in
   Hassler ´s "Omnes Gentes", 9v.
   Bar 8.
   2nd Choir sings alone, ink goes red.
   This is for a lute tuned a whole tone lower than the lute in "normal"
   ink.
   But, looking at the piece "Lieto Godea" by Gabrieli, on 80v. the ink
   just indicates a different
   choir and not a different tuned instrument. Perhaps Michael Eysertt
   played this music
   with a student friend, reading from the same page? As the duets later
   in the book show,
   where the second parts are written upside down, it is clear that the
   book was used by two lutenists to some extent.
   Best,
   Magnus

   On Monday, August 24, 2020, 9:39:46 AM GMT+2, Rainer