   From: yuval.dvo...@posteo.de
   To: lute net <lute@cs.dartmouth.edu>; Lute arc
   <lute-...@new-old-mail.cs.dartmouth.edu>
   Sent: Sun, Aug 30, 2020 8:59 am
   Subject: [LUTE] Ringfinger
   Dear all,
   first of all I'd like to express my sincerest gratitude towards Wayne
   for creating this great forum! Unfortunately I became only a member a
   few years ago, but still I enjoyed much of the discussions here! I
   hope,
   that the list will continue also after Wayne's retirement!
   The actual reason for writing is this time about the use of the
   ringfinger of the right hand in 16th/early 17th century lute music.
   What
   do we know about it? When did lute players start to use it? It would be
   great to collect some sources, with your generous help! Also ideas for
   modern literature is appreciated!
   Have a nice sunday and enjoy lute playing
   Yuval