First all many thanks to Wayne for his great work in these decades!

I totally agree about Facebook. It has nothing to do with the lute list as
we know it.

What about just a simple Google discussion group? It is very easy to
maintain, it is free and can keep all the past messages. Actually, it can be
configured as a moderated (if needed) mailing list, but in addition it
offers a web interface to browse conversations and old messages.

Francesco