 -----Messaggio originale-----
 Da: lute-...@new-old-mail.cs.dartmouth.edu <lute-arc@new-old-
 mail.cs.dartmouth.edu> Per conto di Martyn Hodgson
 Inviato: venerdì 4 settembre 2020 14:14
 A: LSA Editor <lsaq.edi...@gmail.com>; LSA President
 <lutesocietyamericapresid...@gmail.com>; lutelist Net
 <lute@cs.dartmouth.edu>; Ron Andrico <praelu...@hotmail.com>
 Oggetto: [LUTE] Re: My web site

    Well said Ron,
    The lutelist format and its arrangement is clearly much more suited
 >    for the proper and serious, but still enjoyable, exchange of views and
    for sharing information.  It may be seen by some as 'old fashioned'
    (and
    I'm not sure what this really means in this context anyway) but is this
    really a valid judgement for what it aims to do. The use of email etc
    allows
    slightly more considered communications than the need for adulation.
    It would be a backward step to employ a format which focuses primarily
    on social media, advertising and the number of hits, 'likes'  and such
    like.......
    MH

    On Friday, 4 September 2020, 13:02:17 BST, Ron Andrico
    <praelu...@hotmail.com> wrote:
      I'm guessing that it was an oversight to copy the entire lutelist
    with
      this message thread, which shares some awkward ideas (and language).
      Nevertheless, the personalities involved need to understand that
    there
      abides an intelligent segment of participants on the lutelist who
    will
      never contribute on the Faceb**k platform.  That particular platform
    is
      the opposite of how Wayne laid out and maintained the lutelist.  The
      format (which I call MyFace because participants seem to care very
      little about what others post) is sufficient for trivia and vanity
      postings, but for musicians who want to promote themselves, Faceb**k
      actually suppresses distribution of any post that emits even a whiff
    of
      commercial potential.  The platform is focused on two primary
      objectives: 1) encouraging posters to reveal more information than
    they
      should, 2) monetizing said information in every and any way possible.
      Not the same as the lutelist, which, thanks to Wayne, has steadfastly
      embodied the outmoded egalitarian aspects of the internet.  It is now
      brave new world populated by the greedy and deceptive masquerading as
      old school free-culture types.  Good luck with following up on your
      ideas, but don't be surprised if a large number of people choose to
    not
      participate in your scheme.
      RA