On 25.03.17 16:03, Mark Trickett via luv-main wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> I have been told that I appear briefly in Bespoke on ABC TV, in
> particular seen on last Sunday the 19th. I have gone to the ABC TV
> website and gone for iView, or via the program guide, and tried to
> watch, only to have it stall complaining about flash being required.
> This is with ESR Firefox on 3.2.0-4-686-pae #1 SMP Debian 3.2.86-1
> i686 GNU/Linux/Wheezy.
>
> I know some others do manage to use iView running Linux, comments
> about how appreciated, as would be someone grabbing and saving as a
> less unfriendly format, the latter even more appreciated.

Here: 3.2.0-4-686-pae #1 SMP Debian 3.2.68-1+deb7u2 i686 GNU/Linux
    & Mozilla Iceweasel 38.4.0

Having also experienced access problems in the past, I've just tried
iView via the "Video" link at the bottom of the ABC news page. It works
fine after I let it arc up flash. (Well, the video doesn't keep up, but
that's due to my inadequate graphics grunt. I've had a nifty little Udoo
X86, which can drive 3 x 4K screens, on order for half a year now, and
it's finally supposed to ship in a few weeks - if one can trust a
kickstarter offering. Fingers crossed.)

> I will also look for a way to let the appropriate people at the ABC
> know that flash is inappropriate for many reasons, particularly the
> security vulnerabilities.

Good luck. That's a service to humanity.

Erik