Hi Carsten

Thanks for the quick comment. If you notice, this draft has a lot of text that was written even before ACE was formed. The idea is not to suggest a new authorization architecture to ACE but rather show what implementers can already do today with existing libraries. It also talks about provisioning and message freshness that are not really in scope of ACE.

You are right about the curves though. The point was to show that the asymmetric crypto is possible on resource-constrained devices. The numbers of-course vary with the curve and platform chosen. I would like to include more numbers for some modern curves on similar platforms, such as those from Dull et al. (https://eprint.iacr.org/2015/343.pdf) in the next version. But I was hoping that this would serve as a placeholder for others in LWIP to contribute with their numbers so that we and others in the community can learn from our experiences.

I hope this answers your concerns to some extent and look forward to a more detailed feedback.

/--Mohit