Hi Wei,

> Hi Carles,
>
> I will give some comments as we have been doing both CoAP over Websocket
> and
> CoAP over TCP by extending Califorium.

Thanks a lot!

> I agree Carsten that CoAP over TCP will be used in the cloud and may also
> be
> in less-constrained networks.
> It is hard to say  that CoAP over TCP will be used in Constrained
> Networks.

There exist relevant examples such as:
https://www.ietf.org/proceedings/87/slides/slides-87-lwig-6.pdf

It could be that, within the constrained-node network space, TCP is used
rather in class 2 devices. However, we would need to collect more data to
be able to confirm this.

On the other hand, in our opinion, the CoAP over TCP activity may increase
the number of constrained devices using TCP (probably, in the 'constrained
device' to 'cloud' scenario).

Thanks again!

Best regards,

Carles

> Rgards,
>
> Gengyu WEI
> Network Technology Center
> School of Computer
> Beijing University of Posts and Telecommunications

>>> Htmlized: