Openbox is lightweight and framework-independent (apart from its
config, but theres an obconf-qt in the works).

We're also in close contact with the developers of KWin. They're
slowly working on stripping its dependencies as part of the KF5
ongoing effort. Any manpower to be redirected there, honestly.
J. Leclanche