On Fri, 06 Aug 1999 12:05:09 +0300, Martin Vermeer wrote:

(my original idea of a WIndows NT (Win 32) port munched)

>The proper base for such a port would be the new development version, 1.1
>(or 1.2 when finished) as it is graphical toolkit independent.
>
>This means you don't need X anymore; possible choices for toolkits are then
>Qt (available both for Unix and Windows) or GTK+ (originally Unix, but I
>understand there is some porting effort). Choosing a toolkit also available
>in Unix reduces the added complexity of a joint code base.

There is, or at least were some years ago, a C++ class library
called Yacl. That is/was (?) open source and the supported platforms
are/were Motif (UNIX), Windows NT and OS/2 at least.

I do not know the current state of Yacl, however.

>BTW I think a more native Windows port would find a market and be fine
>advertising for open source.

Well, at least we would start using it at once... :-)

Best regards,

        Jarmo Ahonen

Jarmo J Ahonen, PhD, Director     Inf. Tech. Research Inst. (ITRI)
email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]   University of Jyvaskyla
phone: +358 (0)14 603 021         P.O.Box 35
fax:   +358 (0)14 602 544         40351 Jyvaskyla, FINLAND