I think we should really release a alpha version
of LyX 1.5 until Monday, 6. November.

Why should we wait? It is a alpha release, it needs not
to be perfect. I already think it is too stable for a
alpha release.

What is a Alpha release?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alpha_release#Alpha
"The alpha version of a product still awaits full debugging or
full implementation of all its functionality but satisfies a
majority of the software requirements. It often lacks features
promised in the final release but demonstrates the feasibility
and basic structure of the software."

What about this Alpha-Release Show-Stopper-Criteria:
"Two clicks and crash",

Peter

P.S.:
If you are still skeptical.
Repress your perfectionist tendencies, it is only a alpha release, it is only a
alpha release,
it is only a alpha release, it is only a alpha release, it is only a alpha
release, it is only a alpha release...