Jean-Marc Lasgouttes wrote:
"Tommaso" == Tommaso Cucinotta <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

Tommaso> While this could be useful to allow activation of the
Tommaso> functionality from the action buffer or a script, why don't
Tommaso> just call the method, instead, from the GUI classes ?

This was part of the Model/View/Controller separation of the code. The
idea was that the controllers should only use lfuns instead of direct
code. I am not very sure myself that this is useful.

I personally think the use of LFUN to request a change is fine and useful; useful because it forces us to think about how to design the LFUN in a GUI independent way (when it applies).

What I personally dislike (I should probably say "hate" ;-)) and what I intent to change in 1.6 is the serialization used in order to retrieve information from the core (the initParam() and such). For retrieving information we should use direct calls like what is done in the Outline dialog, the Tabular dialog etc.

Abdel.