Jean-Marc Lasgouttes wrote:
"Abdelrazak" == Abdelrazak Younes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

Abdelrazak> What I personally dislike (I should probably say "hate"
Abdelrazak> ;-)) and what I intent to change in 1.6 is the
Abdelrazak> serialization used in order to retrieve information from
Abdelrazak> the core (the initParam() and such). For retrieving
Abdelrazak> information we should use direct calls like what is done
Abdelrazak> in the Outline dialog, the Tabular dialog etc.

Except if this serialization can be merged with the writing of the xml
parameters once we switch to that. In this case, the thing would make
more sense (and allow to define bindings to tune individual
parameters).

We don't need XML to sanitize a the format of the passed string, we could do that now using <key, properties> requests. But I object that this is needed at all, we have a fine in-memory Buffer structure and we should use that. This serialization is the number one reason why the LyX dialogs are so hard to modify for beginners. I've programmed a lot in property based languages (MATLAB GUIDE) and I much prefer the Qt C++ way.

Abdel.