Pavel Sanda schrieb:

I _do_ send them as an attachment _always_. If some web archives corrupt it, its not my fault. But I can CC you which should solve this issue.

Yes I see now that mail-archive.com has some problems recently.

I have already written and will continue to write, that the original patch
_was_ in unified format and thus I'm not violating LyX guidelines. That "Index
line" you demand is product of svn itself and has nothing to do with diff
unified
format. I guess that Tortoise svn will swear even if I send plain "diff -u".

Yes, I see now. Since a long time I haven't used diff directly and thought SVN's diff is eaqual to 'diff -u'. Sorry for my noise.

or directly the SVN programm to create diffs?

Because I don't use it.

But you already use it to check out the SVN repository. Working with SVN is the easiest way: You can change the files directly in the SVN repository and create there the diffs and patches. When you update the repository, your changes will be merged with the ones from SVN, so that your files and therefore patches will alwas be up to date. There are also graphical SVN tools avaliable that comes with diff tools, repository repair tools, etc. With them you also don't need to use a console and learn SVN commands.

regards Uwe