Uwe

Pavel also explained this in some detail

"- change keyboard inputs for 'k' key. this is either
possible by
  by changing kmap file inside lyx or more generally
to change
  the binding for the whole OS you use (in case of
linux use xmodmap).

- change menus/dialogs etc - for this generate english
.po file and
  just change all occurences of translated string 'k'
with you char.
  some tweaks around the language codes maybe needed.

- make latex output work with devangari or some ugly
hack which will
  change latex through some convertor script etc.
  (this will be be the most difficult part)

- find some font the sanskrit char you want for screen
(this is OS
 thing
  and has nothing to do with lyx)"

I also want to refer to the email I sent saying
http://sanglish.googlepages.com was the first site,
here I meant that it was the first site for
www.Prabhupada.name.

I am not a programmer, perhaps I can try a few things
from the above tasks and I can also think about paying
like I said before.

Anyone for doing LaTex correction please come forward.

Regards

Meeku

--- Uwe Stöhr <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> linuxa linux schrieb:
>
> > The keyboard for english/europran users is usually
> > english/european qwerty or for this context call
> it
> > english/european qwerty-k however I need a
> keyboard
> > inputer extension/plugin with your core
> wordprocessor
> > software that changes the qwerty-k to
> english/european
> > qwerty- &#2325; (where only 1 english/european
> > alphabet K has been removed
>
> What is "alphabet K"? In case you only need to get
> your special character when pressing the "k" key
> on your keyboard, the simply use a keyboard map.
> This is easy to do, heve a look in the
> cosiomization manual of LyX and the the *.kmap files
> that we ship.
>
> Then you only need a font installed that LyX can use
> tho display the chracter. This needs to be a
> font installed for the whole system. But more
> problematic is to get the character also in the
> LaTeX
> output (PDF, DVI, etc.)
>
> regards Uwe

Support the World Aids Awareness campaign this month with Yahoo! For Good
http://uk.promotions.yahoo.com/forgood/