Excuse and pardon my ignorance about this.  What I am
suggesting is a plugin/extension/applet/extension/fork
that is shipped with the the software for a one-click
installation.

This has these parts:

1.  The font qwerty- क (unicode gluph 0915, that
I donate for this project to LyX) that removes the K
alphabet and puts a different sound shape, the
devanagri sanskrit alphabet

2.  The keyboard layout- this allows the user to press
the 11th alphabet and have the devanagri sound shape
shown

3.  The translation- this removes from menus, browser
hover descriptions, help files, faqs, dictionary,
thesaurus etc the K alphabet and puts a different
sound shape, the devanagri sanskrit alphabet

Regards

Meeku

--- rgheck <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> linuxa linux wrote:
> > I will donate the font to you and I will even pay
> an
> > allowance for the software extension/fork thus
> please
> > tell me your rates for consideration.
> >

> I'm sorry, you don't seem to understand: LyX hasn't
> really got that much
> to do with screen fonts. It just uses whatever fonts
> are on your system
> to display whatever characters you want. The
> characters do need to be
> known to LyX, but that's a pretty simple thing,
> really. LyX doesn't ship
> with or include any fonts.
>
> Richard

now.