> From http://simupop.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/simupop/trunk/doc/tools/
> , you can find a patch (converter_patch.diff) to the current converter
> tool (http://svn.python.org/projects/doctools/converter/converter )
> and an updated convert.py .

Note that I have sent some of the patches to Georg Brandl (author of
the latex->reST converter and Sphinx), he promised to review and add
them to the trunk when he gets a chance...

The reason I like this route is also because

1. Everything is Python so it is possible for us to bundle the scripts with LyX.

2. Other than reST -> HTML, there are other converters such as reST ->
ODF under active development. This is appealing to me because I have
not had good luck with any LaTeX -> ODF converter.

3. LyX could be a good reST frontend if the converter can be
significantly improved.

Bo