On 12/10/2009 03:48 PM, Rex Dieter wrote:
rgheck wrote:

Are there command-line ways of doing this, or do we have to link to a
ton of things here?

Yes, just look at xdg-mime which attempts to do precisely that.

Unfortunately, here on Fedora 11 it just hangs if you type e.g.
      xdg-mime query default application/rtf
Mind filing a bug ?  With details like DE in use...

(I cannot reproduce it here on F12/kde or F12/gnome).

Sorry, wrong bug. It doesn't hang, it just returns, saying nothing. Anyway, this is F11/KDE. I haven't gotten around to upgrading yet. I'll see what happens when I do that.

rh