On 25/03/2011 21:42, Enrico Forestieri wrote:
On Fri, Mar 25, 2011 at 05:46:08PM +0100, Joost Verburg wrote:

"Enrico Forestieri"<for...@lyx.org>  wrote in message
I don't agree. As you can see, additional icon sets may simply subsitute
some icons. If an icon is missing, the one from the default set will be
used. So, there's no maintaining burden as only those icons that don't
fit well a given set need to be added. Moreover, it would not be fair
with whom spent a good deal of time on the icons.
We should also consider tutorials, manuals etc. Things will get much
more confusing if different installations have different icons.
It is for that reason that I suggest to leave the old set as default.
In this way the manuals are already OK.

The manuals mostly uses InsetInfo for the icons so they will get updated automatically...

Abdel.