On 02/05/2011 13:40, Pavel Sanda wrote:
Vincent van Ravesteijn wrote:
I don't really get this. When used to it, I don't think it is
technically a very difficult workflow.
do you know the story about the guy who didn't step into the development
for several month/years? because it was difficult to setup win compilation
process for lyx? i think his name was Vincent and once used to,
it was pice of cake :)

think of newbies or people who for example want to add something
to documentation. such people needed to 'svn up' and 'svn diff'
up to now. we should keep things on a similar level of simplicity.

For the casual patch contributor who wants to work as if it was svn, it is very simple:

Formerly it was:
initially: svn checkout
periodically: svn up
to view diff: svn diff
to revert local changes: svn revert

Now it will be:
initially: git clone
periodically: git pull
to view diff: git diff
to revert local changes: git checkout

Not really more complicated isn't it?

Anyway, one just has to read this and he/she will be done:

http://git.or.cz/course/svn.html

Abdel.