On 03/05/2011 10:20, Edwin Leuven wrote:
Andre Poenitz<andre.poen...@mathematik.tu-chemnitz.de>  wrote:
Well, the part I don't get is why suddenly using a version control
system is considered rocket science. It is not.

[...]

With svn there's not much choice but to commit
early, in order to be ready for the next hunk of work. With git one can
only commit locally and fix commits later if needed, even after other
local commits. Or just work exactly the same way as with svn...
i have only been casually been reading this thread, but it seems to me
that as a tool git offers only advantages (for those interested in
using them)

then there is the question what model to use (ie the svn or the git way)

so let's decide to move to git (we loose nothing and gain some),
before having the model discussion?

Agreed. I think we should switch to git right now.

Vincent, as you are the new maintainer, in order to ease the transition, I suggest to allow those that do not want to use branches just yet to push to master "à la svn".

Abdel.