Il 28/09/2011 06:02, Julien Rioux ha scritto:
On 28/09/2011 1:02 AM, Tommaso Cucinotta wrote:

Now, AFAICS, there are 2 possibilities:
a) flood the graph with "low-priority" (or, if you prefer, high-cost)
fake edges, basically from
each node (handled by convert) to any other node (handled by convert) so
that, if no path
exists using the "real" converters path, then the algorithm will find a
path using
*as few fake edges as possible* (if it's true that the algo finds the
shortest path -- but
short here should be counted including this "priority" or "cost" or
"weight" of the edges).

b) simply add to the self-detected converters line a bunch of converters
that fix the graph view
of the reachable formats

c) try heuristically to use an intermediate format recognized by
convert, for example EPS
would seem to me a reasonable choice, so, change the code in [1] in such
a way that,
if the direct conversion from "from" to "to" fails, and from <> "eps"
and to <> "eps", then:
-) try a conversion from "from" to "eps"
-) if it suceeds, try a conversion from "eps" to "to"
-) otherwise fail (or fall back to use another out of a few intermediate
formats, besides eps)

(b) is simpler and could be used immediately to fix the ODG format.

committed as r39786.

Though, I just noticed that, exporting to "html" keeps failing, this time because elyxer is used in this case, which doesn't even use any information about the
converters that we have in lyxrc.default :-(..... unless I missed something.
So, elyxer can only exploit ImageMagick convert, and if it fails (this happens
for ODG, but I guess it would happen for DIA and others as well), then this
doesn't work :-(.

Any hint on how to tackle this ?

    T.