Dear Developers,

This weekend I've been working on my ePub packaging module for LyX. I've
made good progress. The script will correctly package XHTML output (from
both LyX and eLyXer). It has support for defining points at which you
would like the file to split the file, rewriting links, moving images,
and a couple of other cleanup options. In short, it's getting pretty
close to a point where I can release it for testing.

As I've started to test it on more complicated documents, I've found
something strange. In Ly SVN (2.1), I've started seeing multiple <body>
tags. These tags are inside of the main <body> for the document, so,
technically, the XHTML is well formed.

Is there any particular reason for this? (My SVN version is pretty old.
I haven't yet figured out how to merge my working copy, which is kept in
bzr with git.) Did someone start to implement support for splitting
files at chapters or parts and I just didn't get all of the updates?

If this behavior isn't intended, we might want to look at changing it.
In general, there should only be a single "body" tag in XHTML documents.
Some ePub validators won't validate the document when it has more.

Cheers,

Rob