>> http://sourceforge.net/bugs/?func=detailbug&bug_id=125614&group_id=15212

Dekel> Yes, this is the same "bug", but it not a bug in LyX, but a
Dekel> problem with the Spanish babel file which redefine thes ~ char,
Dekel> and gives no way of deactivating this brilliant feature (as far
Dekel> as I could tell).

In fact, spanish.ldf should have a \noextrasspanish macro. It may
exist in recent babel versions...

Dekel> Howeevr, I think that this problem should be automatically
Dekel> solved by LyX. I can either add a Spanish specific code, or add
Dekel> an extra-options field in the language class (are there any
Dekel> other cases in which some language requires putting extra
Dekel> commands in the preamble ?).

Dekel> PS: The solution I wrote above will not work in multi-lingual
Dekel> docs. Does anyone have a better solution ?

Maybe
  \addto\extrasspanish{\def~{\nobreakspace{}}}
which fits better with babel structure.