On 06/16/2014 04:29 PM, Maria Gouskova wrote:
Hi all,

So LyX (2.1.0, Mac OS 10.6) stopped responding after I did something
fairly routine to a file (adding references), and I forced the program
to quit. Now I can reopen LyX, but the file I was working on will not
open--LyX just beachballs. To figure this out, I opened the .lyx file
in a text editor, and saw that about 2/3rds of the file just got
lopped off! The lyx.emergency file is missing those parts, too. I
restored the previous version of the file via Dropbox so I didn't lose
much work.

So, is it this?

http://www.lyx.org/trac/ticket/9049

Probably. Did the file end with \begin_inset Tabular?

OSX didn't generate a crash report, did it? We have been having trouble getting information about the cause of this crash. I have been calling it "the mystery crash". People see it, but
no-one can reproduce it.

LyX 2.1.1 will change the way the file gets saved, so that the original file is not over-written until the new one has successfully been saved. That will at least prevent any dataloss except whatever you've done since the previous save. It should be out within a couple weeks.

Richard